Archive for September, 2010
The DiscountsTo keep with the Wall Street and Tycoon theme going (we’ve already blogged about it here), we’re pitting our two Tycoon games against one another in an epic, winner-takes-all battle royale! In one corner will be RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 (Mac) and its waterpark-themed expansion, RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Soaked (Mac). In the opposite corner will be the heavy-weight Zoo Tycoon: Complete (Mac), which includes the original Zoo Tycoon plus the two expansions, Marine Mania and Dinosaur Digs!
- If the team representing RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 and RCT3: Soaked wins, then you’ll find each of these titles for HALF OFF! Furthermore, shipping will also be discounted by HALF!
- If the team representing Zoo Tycoon: Complete wins, then you’ll find this title for HALF PRICE! Similarly, the shipping will also be discounted by HALF!
The Football GameThis week we’re featuring another SEC matchup as the #12 South Carolina Gamecocks travel to Auburn, AL, to face off against the #17 Auburn Tigers. Despite looking shaky against FCS team Furman last week, the Gamecocks have looked pretty good overall, especially behind tailback Marcus Lattimore who’s averaging 4.8 yards per carry. Auburn, on the other hand, had a crazy, down-to-the-wire victory against Clemson last week. Clemson jumped out to an early lead, but the Tigers clawed their way back into the game and won in overtime. Now it’s anybody’s guess which of these teams will emerge victorious on Saturday.
- If the South Caroline Gamecocks win, then the RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 deal will go into effect.
- If the Auburn Tigers win, then the Zoo Tycoon: Complete deal will go into effect.
Star Wars: Empire at War puts the power to command an entire war for the Star Wars galaxy in the hands of players, giving them the freedom to determine how they play the game within completely scalable and accessible gameplay. Set a few years before the events of Episode IV A New Hope, LucasArts’ Empire at War lets players wage war on the ground and in space, as well as experience the creation of the Rebel Alliance, the strengthening of the Empire and the beginnings of the Galactic Civil War.Act fast, because this deal will come to a close at 11:59pm CDT, Sunday, September 19!
The DiscountsThis week we’re featuring a pair of id shooters that will have you quaking in your boots! (Apologies for the pun–I couldn’t resist.) That’s right–we’re pitting QUAKE 4 (Mac) against Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars (Mac)!
- If the team representing QUAKE 4 (Mac) wins, then QUAKE 4 will go on discount for HALF OFF! In addition, shipping charges will be reduced by 75%!
- If the team representing Enemy Territories: QUAKE Wars (Mac) wins, then QUAKE Wars will, similar to QUAKE 4, go on discount for HALF OFF! The shipping discount will also apply!
The Football GameSo what’s the game to watch? How about the #12 Arkansas Razorbacks vs the Georgia Bulldogs! The Razorbacks have lost their last six games against Georgia, and this game won’t be any easier as they’ll be playing “between the hedges” in Athens, GA. Georgia will be looking to bounce back after a tough loss to South Carolina last week and will do everything they can to take full advantage of their home field. However, Arkansas has looked great in its first two outings this season behind star quarterback Ryan Mallet. Will the Hogs be able to steal one from the Bulldogs? We’ll find out Saturday! The game airs at 12pm ET on ESPN/ESPN3. You can find a game preview here.
- If the Arkansas Razorbacks win, then QUAKE 4 (Mac) will go on sale for HALF OFF starting Monday, September 20.
- Conversely, if the Georgia Bulldogs win, then Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars (Mac) will go on sale for HALF OFF starting Monday, September 20.
Welcome back, college football fans! We hope Week 1 was as exciting for you as it was for us, but more importantly, we hope you enjoyed the discounts that came with it! After an exciting Week 1 that saw the Boise State Broncos send Sid Meier’s Civilization IV Gold (Mac) and the Civ IV expansions into discount land, we’re ready to launch Week 2 of our College Football Game of the Week!
For those of you new to the feature, each week we will feature a marquee match-up between two college football teams. Each team will represent a specific game or set of games available at GameAgent.com and an associated discount for those games. The game discount(s) associated with the winning team will then go into effect the following Monday or Tuesday after the game and last for 3days. In order to get the discounts, you must use the specific coupon code that is generated once the winner is decided! Finally, commenting on the blog or our Facebook page about the marque match-up, your favorite team, or football in general is highly encouraged–participants may get special benefits!
This week we’re pitting two major Star Wars titles against one another. On one side we’ve got the classic RPG Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Mac), and on the other we’ve got the amazing RTS Star Wars: Empire at War (Mac)! The potential discounts are as follows:
- If the team representing Knights of the Old Republic (Mac) wins, then you’ll see both the digital and boxed versions of KOTOR discounted by HALF! In addition, ordering either will take $5 off the cost of shipping* for your entire order!
- If the team representing Empire at War (Mac) wins, then, similar to the KOTOR deal, you’ll see both the digital and boxed versions of Empire at War discounted by HALF! Also like the KOTOR deal, ordering either version will take $5 off the cost of shipping* for your entire order!
The Football Game
This week we’re featuring a revenge bout between the #2-ranked Ohio State Buckeyes and the #12-ranked Miami (FL) Hurricanes. The last time these two football giants met was the 2003 Fiesta Bowl, where the Buckeyes upset the then-ranked #1 Hurricanes in double-overtime to win the National Championship. The winner of this year’s game will be taking a huge step forwards to get back to the Fiesta Bowl for another shot at the national title.
- If the Ohio State Buckeyes win, then the Knights of the Old Republic deal will go into effect on Monday, September 13.
- If the Miami (FL) Hurricanes win, then the Empire at War deal will go into effect on Monday, September 13.
The game is currently scheduled to kick off at 3:40pm ET on ESPN/ESPN3. Who will you be rooting for?
*Customers are NOT required to pay shipping for the digital versions of our games. The shipping discount associated with the digital versions of either Knights of the Old Republic or Empire at War will only go into effect if you add a boxed item to your cart!
It was a gutty performance in a game that will surely generate tons of discussion in the world of NCAA football over the next days (if not the next weeks or months), but in our first ever College Football Game of the Week, the Boise State Broncos defeated the Virginia Tech Hokies 33-30. Boise State jumped out to an early 17-0 lead in the first quarter off of Virginia Tech turnovers and mistakes, though the Hokies fought back to take the lead, 27-26, going into the final quarter of the game. Virginia Tech added a field goal in the fourth to make it 30-26, but Boise State struck back with a touchdown with just over a minute in left in the game to take the final lead of the game, 33-30. Catch a recap of the match-up here.
Since Boise State won, our first discount will be for the Sid Meier’s Civilization Gold (Mac) box and the Civilization expansion boxes, including Civilization: Beyond the Sword (Mac), Civilization: Warlords (Mac), and Civilization: Colonization (Mac). Between now and end of day (11:59pm CDT) Thursday, September 9, all featured titles will be 25% OFF. In addition, shipping on each title will be HALF OFF, unless you purchase at least 2 of the featured products, at which point shipping will be FREE!
In order to get the discounts, you must use the following coupon code when prompted: #BoiseState
Stay tuned for our next CFB Game of the Week announcement! And in the meantime, let us know your thoughts on the game on our new feature!