Archive for February, 2012
Mac Gaming News
- Had no idea Bill Gates created a game but his first game has now hit the iPhone and the iPad.
- Apple is stealing the thunder from GDC by announcing their new iPad at the same time.
- Apple is quite the role model. In fact, EA’s vision is to become more like Apple.
- 3D gaming is in the future for Apple products. They are really taking to gaming. Hooray!
- Developers be warned! Messing around with your rankings on App Store is a big no-no.
- Fans of GRL gams and Full Deck will be getting Full Deck Poker Solitaire for Mac OS X.
- Shooter action your thing? Well, EA has brought Battlefield 3 to iOS.
- Rejoice PSVita users! Sony’s finally releasing a Mac version of the Vita Content Manager.
- With Google getting into the hardware business, Forbes does not forecast good things for this with four reasons why Google simply won’t be able to compete with Apple.
- Apple iOS web traffic overtakes Mac OS X web traffic for the first time ever! We surf the internet a lot on our iPhones and iPads apparently.
- Should Apple pay dividends? Short answer from Forbes: No. Longer answer here. Do you agree?
- Rumors abound! Is the new iPad going to be an iPad 3 or is Apple going to do the whole iPhone 4S thing.
- AT&T not so subtlety tells iPhone data plan users to switch from unlimited to their 3GB plan with data throttling. Uncool AT&T, Uncool indeed.
- An interesting twist in advertising. Samsung now compares Apple user as lemmings. Reminds people of the Apple “Lemmings” superbowl commercial those many years ago.
- A Chinese lawsuit seeks $38 million and an apology from Apple for using the iPad name, but Apple is having none of that.
- Mac sales in the Europe surges ahead while PC sales are down!
Still in a pickle when taking on some of the threats of the wasteland? Here’s the part two the of RAGE Mac: A Beginner’s Guide to Surviving the Wasteland to help get your bearings right and your gunsights on target.(more…)
Mac Gaming News
- Steam has come to iOS with their new mobile app.
- Apple hiring former Xbox product marketing chief hints at Apple getting even more serious about gaming.
- Here’s how the iPad 3 might stack up against the tablet PC newcomers in terms of gaming.
- Ever wonder how mobile games went from select few playing snake on their phones to the cultural phenomenon it is now?
- Spin Doctor bring retro Macgaming to the iPhone. Hooray for old school Mac gaming!
- Worries about the iPad 3 not being able to reach it’s true potential crop up.
- Apple is now the 3rd largest cellphone vendor!
- Apple CEO, Tim Cook, donates $100 million to charity. Staying classy Apple!
- Final Cut Pro gets updated a bunch of new features.
- Leaked photos shed some light on what the iPad 3 is capable of.
- Apple computers are getting more and more prevalent in the business world.
- There’s a nasty bug in iMessage that might let others spy on your texts if you aren’t careful.
- Apparently there is a “strange” event on the horizon for the iPad 3. Wonder what it’ll be?
- Apple is predicted to sell up to 40 million in China in 2013.
- To combat line scalpers, Apple set up an iPhone 4S lottery. They really love their Apple products in China.
- Ever wanted to go to an Mac Museum? Well there’s one in Missouri set up by a crazy collector of Macs!
Our PostsAspyr Mac FAQs: Your RAGE Campaign Edition Questions Answered RAGE: Campaign Edition Now Available on Mac Tips and Tricks for Tropico 3: Gold Edition for Mac Apple Reports Record Breaking Earnings for Q1 2012 Quicksave: 2011′s Biggest Mac Games are 20% Off Macworld | iWorld 2012 Highlights
- Visceral 1st-person gunplay and exploration – Take on bandit gangs and hordes of mutants using an arsenal of exotic weapons and special items, such as Wingsticks, personal turrets, sentry bots, and remote-controlled bomb cars.
- Frenetic 3rd-person vehicular mayhem - Burn rubber across the wasteland in your very own super buggy! Upgrade and customize your car with special parts, paint jobs and weapons, then test your skills as you battle four-wheeling bandit clans and participate in deadly races.
- An expansive experience – Beyond the first-person action and vehicle combat, RAGE offers a world open to explore, with unique characters, side quests, and a compelling storyline.
- Graphics that have to be seen to be believed – Powered by id’s cutting-edge new id Tech 5 engine, new Megatexture technology brings the vast wasteland to life in never-before- possible detail.
- Bonus Content: The Wasteland Sewer Missions and Anarchy additional content are included in the Mac release!