Welcome back all you ghouls and goblins to our list of some of the most terrifying games available for your Mac! Today’s the day when the barrier between the spirit world and our own is its thinnest, aka Halloween. We went easy on you yesterday, but this batch of games is non-stop horror. Play any one of these games tonight and you’re guaranteed a good fright.
Archive for October, 2012
The leaves change colors, the wind blows colder and pumpkins litter the lawns of homes everywhere. Halloween is almost here and what better way to get into the spirit of the season than play some scary games? GameAgent brings you part 1 of a 2 part collection of gruesome games guaranteed to bring chills and thrills for the most frightening day of the year. Today’s list of 6 games certainly have some macabre elements, but even those faint of heart can enjoy this titles without too much fear. (more…)
Here we are dear readers, smack-dab in the middle of another Tuesday. The day before Halloween no less! In keeping with this, Tuesday’s 20% offer is on the FPS classic Quake 4. Afterall, what could be more horrifying than waking up with the face of your enemy? It’s like a dog waking up meowing or Nick Cage with John Travolta’s face. You know, frightening stuff. What’s not so scary is the deal we’re offering. Normally priced at $19.99, for one day only you can get this great game for $15.99!
Earth is under siege by the Strogg, a barbaric alien race moving through the universe consuming, recycling and annihilating any civilization in their path. In a desperate attempt to survive, an armada of Earth’s finest warriors is sent to take the battle to the Strogg home planet.
- Built on id Tech 4 (the Doom 3 engine)
- Sequel to the Quake 2 storyline
- Battle outdoors using tanks and walkers
- Compete online in fast action, arena-style, cross-platform multiplayer that includes Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Tourney, Capture the Flag, Arena CTF and and DeadZone.
- Supports retina resolution
This opportunity to obliterate the Strogg for cheap will soon R.I.P.! Get this great deal on Quake 4 until Midnight, October 30th. After that, you face the terror of the cyborg horde on your own!
Fall is here and even in some warmer places signs of the changing season are apparent. Days are darker and progressively colder. Plus, we’re only 2 days away from everyone’s favorite day of ghoulish fun, Halloween. What better time than this to listen to and appreciate the soundtrack to a game befitting of this time of year? Take a listen to the haunting, ambient score of Danish game company Playdead‘s first and highly successful title, Limbo. (more…)
Mac Gaming News
- There’s already speculation that the iPad mini will be a game-changer for…er…gaming.
- Borderlands Legends is coming to iOS next week! Strangely, it will be a top-down action RPG.
- Casual gaming giant Zynga laid off more than 100 employees during the Apple event this week, hoping it would be swept under the proverbial news rug. Guess not.
- By popular user demand, Fieldrunners 2 will get in-app purchases with the latest update.
- The EB Games Expo happened and Inside Mac Games has an excellent Mac-focused recap.
- Never thought Cyberpunk and RPG would describe the same game? Well the creators of The Witcher hope to change that for Mac gamers with Cyberpunk 2077.
- Ex-Apple Developer is now working on a mobile word game.
- Gaming company Big Fish gains industry veteran Chris Williams.
- This informative post helps Mac users get the most out of their Game Center experience. It’s worth a read!
- Apple announces the iPad mini to nobody’s surprise.
- They also announced a refresh to the iMac, a 13″ Retina MacBook Pro, and standard size iPad.
- Rumors are stronger than ever that Apple will unveil their own Pandora-like radio service next year.
- Apple loses the patent case with Samsung in the UK. As court-ordered they had to post a letter saying Samsung didn’t copy. The letter couldn’t be more bitter and smarmy.
- RIM’s Blackberry loses another good contract to the iPhone.
- iOS App sizes are apparently skyrocketing.
- Apple’s 4th Quarter Report was released. It received mixed reactions.
- Think the Apple v. Samsung legal debate is over in the US? Think again.
- Just for fun, check out MacWorld’s in-depth look at Apple computers before the “Mac” branding occurred.
Apple announced the launch of many new products on Tuesday, including the hotly-anticipated iPad Mini and a newer, faster version of it’s full-size iPad. With all the buzz about new iOS devices, it seemed like a perfect time to reflect on some of the best iOS games you might not have played. GameAgent rounds up a couple of great iOS games that come from indie studios. That means no corporate funding or copious advertising dollars to get their name out to you. Many of these are just a couple of guys with a passion for programming and gaming! With the avalanche of games available on the App Store, finding one that’s truly worth your time is like searching for a needle in a haystack. So, while a few of the games listed here are technically a little older, they will be brand new to many of you. The games in this list deserve recognition for their great gameplay and taking full advantage of the benefits of iOS, bringing an excellent gaming experience into the palm of your hand. (more…)
Tuesday has arrived, which always means a Tuesday’s 20% deal! The winds of change blow strong this time around as a title never before featured in our weekly deal section makes its debut. If you’ve been holding out to grab Gods and Kings, the amazing expansion to Civilization V that came out this summer, now’s your chance! Usually retailing for $29.99, for one day only you can get this incredible game for $23.99!
- Expanded Epic Game: The core game experience has been greatly expanded with the addition of new technologies, 27 new units, 13 new buildings, and 9 new Wonders.
- Religion: A righteous people will seek out Faith to found a Pantheon of the Gods. As your Faith becomes stronger, you can cultivate Great Prophets who build on these simple beliefs to create a religion that you can customize and enhance as desired.
- Enhanced Diplomacy and Espionage: Establish embassies at foreign courts for closer ties (or clandestine operations).
- Naval Combat: Your navy is now split into two different ship types, melee and ranged. This means that no coastal city should be considered safe, and can now fall to a surprise naval attack.
- World Domination: The fight for world domination is now more dynamic than ever before. The Gods and Kings expansion features a reworked combat system and AI that puts more emphasis on a balanced army composition.
The ability to found religions and mastermind empires for cheap doesn’t last long though. The deal is only until Midnight on Tuesday, October 23, 2012!
Get Gods & Kings and take your civilization to the next level.
Mac Gaming News
- GOG (Good Old Games) now supports Mac! Browse their 50 initial classic gaming titles, including an enhanced edition of The Witcher 2! Buy it on the cheap as part of a “pay what you want promotion!”
- First shown off at WWDC earlier this year, Infinity Blade: Dungeons for iOS is being pushed back to 2013.
- Patch 1.0.5 is now live for Diablo III.
- Want some partisan gaming? Party Fundraiser USA 2012 is available for iOS for FREE!
- Defeat evil worms and battle injustice…as an apple?! Apple Avengers is now available for the Mac Game Store.
- Gaming classic Carmageddon is now available for iOS.
- EA released an exciting trailer for the upcoming Sim City game, this time about disasters!
- Like MMOs but want something a little lighter than WOW? Love Steampunk designs and beautiful hand-drawn art? Then Deepworld for the Mac (and soon for iOS) is for you.
- Apple schedules an event for October 23, iPad Mini expected to make its debut. Rumored release date is November 2.
- Word has it that the iPad 2 will be phased out when the iPad Mini is introduced.
- Did you catch the Apple mention in the presidential debate?
- Despite Apple’s intention of getting iPads into classrooms, it looks like Amazon is beating them to it.
- Check out this great closer look at iOS 6′s Maps and a comparison to its competitors.
- Apple agrees to pay Swiss train station over clock similarity.
- Do you love vintage Macs? Check out the six rarest Macs.
One of the most successful games of all time, Call of Duty: Black Ops arrived on the Mac a few weeks ago and the reviews have started to pour in. When that happens, you know it’s time for another review round-up! Check out what various press and your fellow Mac gamers are saying about the game. To read the full review from each outlet, click the header for each review.
As of 10/17/12
Inside Mac Games: 8.5 out of 10
One Click Mac: 4 out of 5 (more…)
It’s that day of the week once again my friends. The day when we give you extra savings on a game from our catalog. This week’s Tuesday 20% is on the fantastic real-time strategy (RTS) game Star Wars: Empire at War. Today only, get it for $23.99!
Take control and steer the events of the Galactic Civil War in the Star Wars universe. The game takes place between the events of Episode III and Episode IV, leading up to the epic Battle of Yavin from the end of A New Hope. Want to lead the fledgling rebellion to overthrow the evil and controlling Empire? Would you prefer the might of the Empire, using Star Destroyers to rain terror upon your foes?
- Beautifully rendered land and space battles in all corners of the Star Wars galaxy
- Visit unforgettable planets such as Yavin IV, Tatooine and Dagobah, as well as never-before-seen environments taken directly from the Star Wars films and expanded universe novels
- Choose to join either the Rebel Alliance or the Galactic Empire, building and setting up tactical forces to unleash upon the enemy in real-time 3D
- Encounter famous faces such as Han Solo, Chewbacca, Mon Mothma, General Veers and the Dark Lord of Sith himself, Darth Vader
This is a game both RTS enthusiasts and Star Wars fans alike can both play and enjoy. Civilization V players, this might be your chance to take your empire building skills and put them to the test in a new arena. You’ve built a winning strategy for planet Earth, but what about the rest of the universe?
Your ability to control the galaxy for less credits ends soon though. The deal is only until Midnight on Tuesday, October 16, 2012!
Get Star Wars: Empire at War and let the Force be with you.