Aspyr Mac FAQs: Call of Duty: Black Ops
Call of Duty: Black Ops was just confirmed for a September 27 release. See below for more details on the highly-anticipated game!
Q: What does the customer get when they purchase Call of Duty®: Black Ops for the Mac?
A: Black Ops Mac includes all of the original single player and multiplayer content PLUS the Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike Content Pack, which adds 5 diverse maps including 4 multiplayer maps and a new Zombie experience!
Q: Will the other Black Ops Content Packs be available to the Mac audience?
A: The Call of Duty: Black Ops – Rezurrection Content Pack will be available at launch for $14.99. The Black Ops: Annihilation/Escalation Content Pack, including “Escalation”and “Annihilation”content, will be available as one purchase for $24.99 and
released in mid-November available now!
Q: Are there any features that were included in the PC version of Black Ops that will not be included in Black Ops Mac?
A: Yes, because Black Ops Mac supports Mac-to-Mac multiplayer only there were some changes made to accommodate the different distribution outlets and their varied features (Mac App and Steam) which specifically affected how multiplayer match-making and friends work. The following features from the PC are not included in the Mac version of Black Ops
- Friends – Players cannot invite or join via request to a multiplayer server. Public multiplayer is all that is offered.
- Private Matches – Only public multiplayer servers are available.
- Remote Console – Players will not be able to purchase and host their own server.
- Theater Mode – Players will not be able to create multiplayer movie files.
Q: Can the Mac App version play Multiplayer with the Steam version?
A: Yes! Both the Mac App and Steam version can play multiplayer together, taking advantage of the full Mac community. To meet other Call of Duty: Black Ops Mac players and fans join the Black Ops Mac Facebook group at facebook.com/groups/BlackOpsMac
Q: Are there any difference in the Mac App Store and the Steam builds that will be distributed?
A: Yes, the Steam build of Black Ops will support the following languages:
The Mac App Store build will support English only
The Mac App Store version will support Game Center for achievements for customer using Mac OS X 10.8 only
Q: Will Mac players be able to play PC players in multiplayer?
A: Black Ops Mac supports Mac-to-Mac Multiplayer only.
Q: What are the Minimum System Requirements for Black Ops for the Mac?
Does your Mac meet the minimum requirements?
Find out now by using Mac Match on GameAgent.com!
A: The following are the minimum system requirements:
Minimum System Requirements:
2.4 GHz CPU Speed | 4 GB RAM | 15 GB free disk space | (ATI): Radeon HD 3870; (NVidia): GeForce 650M | 512 MB VRam
Supported Video cards:
NVIDIA GeForce 650M
ATI Radeon HD 3870, HD 4850, HD 5670, HD 5750, HD 5770, HD 5870, HD 6750M, HD 6770M, HD 6970M
We do NOT recommend that you play Call of Duty: Black Ops on any of the following unsupported graphic chipsets:
HD3000 (2011 Mac Mini, 2011 MacBook Air, 2011 13” MacBook Pro)
HD4000 (2012 13” MacBook Pro)
ATI Radeon HD 2000 series, HD 4670, HD6630M
NVIDIA 8000 & 9000 series, GT100 series, 320M, 330M
Intel Integrated GMA950, x3100
Recommended System Requirements:
CPU Speed: Intel Quad Core 2.6 GHz | Memory: 4 GB or higher | Video RAM: 512 MB
Q: Does Call of Duty: Black Ops for the Mac support any Gamepads?
A: Call of Duty: Black Ops for the Mac supports the Xbox 360 wired gamepad
Q: What else should I know about Call of Duty: Black Ops for the Mac?
A: Good question! A few things to note:
- We have created default settings for the most optimal experience. These are “smart” settings (respond to your machine) and we make them for a reason! If you jack up your settings you will likely see a deterioration in the gameplay experience.
- Mac App Players:
- People who purchase Black Ops for the Mac and upgrade from 10.7 to 10.8 will re-start their achievement tracking
- People who change their Game Center nickname will lose progress as their achievements are tied to their nickname. They can get it back by changing back to their original nickname.
- An Internet connection is required for Multiplayer and Zombies.
Q: My question hasn’t been answered…