Vault Hunters! Borderlands 2 on the Mac (Steam version) has finally received the latest patch. In addition to some game fixes (listed below), this patch also brings the Mac version back in sync with the PC, which means cross-platform multiplayer is now available again! Aspyr is very thankful for everyone’s patience while the latest Mac patch was being worked on and going through approvals. The update should automatically download and install next time users launch Steam.
Here’s a list of in-game fixes:
- Fixed an issue that caused the game to crash after the player had more than 240 missions in their mission log.
- Added the ability to preview and purchase add-on characters from the ‘New Game’ character selection screen and when joining another player’s game and choosing your character.
- Added un-purchased campaign add-ons to the Fast Travel station list to streamline the ability to purchase the new content. These locations appear with an asterisk next to their names.
Additionally, a new hot fix has been released for the game. As the Gearbox Community blog notes, a hot fix is automatically applied at the “Press Start” screen when Borderlands 2 is connected to the internet. In general, hot fixes are used to temporarily address issues between major updates. Hot fixes are not permanent — they are temporarily stored in memory during the game session and lost upon exiting Borderlands 2.
The fixes include:
- Corrected an issue with certain assault rifles not receiving the proper damage bonus from their barrel.
- Flynt now has a chance to drop the Tinderbox and other unique items.
- Addressed an issue where BNK-3R could get stuck and not be defeated.
- Corrected the alignment of holographic pistol sights.
- (Mr. Torgue DLC) Badassasarus now takes proper explosion damage from the Tunguska rocket launcher.
- (Tiny Tina DLC) Players that have accepted but not completed “Roll Insight” can now properly interact with Murderlin.
- (Tina Tiny DLC) Repositioned the boundary turrets in Unassuming Docks to prevent players from missing a critical area.
- Addressed a rare issue where players who did not complete the optional “Collect Slag Samples” objective would not properly spawn back into the Natural Selection Annex.
- (PC / Mac Only) Fixed an issue where the visual effect tied to Krieg’s “Hellfire Halitosis” skill could last longer than intended.