Dust off your emperor’s robes and prepare to conquer the world all over again…
Civilization V: Gods and Kings is now available on the Mac!
This is the first full-fledged expansion to the 2011 Mac “Game of the Year” Civilization V and it’s filled to the brim with new and intriguing gameplay mechanics. Create a more complex and detailed play experience than ever before! This release is launched day and date with the PC version, so you’re getting brand new to the world content.
- Expanded experience: addition of new technologies, 27 new units, 13 new buildings, and 9 new Wonders, including including Neuschwanstein, the Great Mosque of Djenne, the Terracotta Army, the Great Firewall, and the Hubble Space Telescope.
- Religion: A righteous people will seek out Faith to found a Pantheon of the Gods. As your Faith becomes stronger, you can cultivate Great Prophets who build on these simple beliefs to create a religion that you can customize and enhance as desired. Beliefs can even unlock custom buildings that only people of your religion can construct.
- Enhanced Diplomacy and Espionage: Establish embassies at foreign courts for closer ties or send spies to steal information and technology!
- Naval Combat: Your navy is now split into two different ship types, melee and ranged. This means that no coastal city should be considered safe, and can now fall to a surprise naval attack.
- World Domination: Battles more dynamic than ever before with a reworked combat system and AI that puts more emphasis on a balanced army composition.
New ScenariosEnjoy three fascinating new scenarios:
- “Fall of Rome”, focusing on the decline of the Roman Empire;
- “Into the Renaissance”, focusing on religion in the Middle Ages into the Renaissance era
- “Empires of the Smoky Skies”, a Victorian steampunk scenario.
You’ve got the whole world in your hands…and a lot more with this expansion. Build the world and civilizations to shape your ideals. With so many new gameplay options of Gods & Kings added to an already rich and in-depth game, this has nearly limitless reply value. So many variations of cultures, beliefs and strategies to take very few games will turn out the same.