How To Get The Most Out of Your Civilization V: Campaign Edition Experience
So you’ve taken the plunge into the immersive world of Civilization V via the Mac App Store. You’re enjoying the game immensely, but you’ve read about some really cool add-on content like the Gods and Kings and Brave New World expansions that incorporate religion, espionage and cultural victories into the core gameplay. But just how do you get this content into your game?
Instead of purchasing a separate app or piece of content like on Steam, additional content in the Mac App Store is known as “In-App Purchases.” This means you buy the additional content from the ‘Game Guide’ launch screen. How to do this isn’t always apparent, so we’ve provided a basic, visual tutorial on how to obtain that sweet content.
Buying DLC in Civilization V: Campaign Edition
1. Launch Civilization V from your Applications folder or your Launch Pad.
2. Select the ‘In-app Purchases’ option from the launch screen. There may be a promo screen that you’ll need to close out of in order to access that menu. Instead of ‘Installed’, you’ll see a ‘Buy Now’ option.
3. The Mac App Store will then prompt you to sign in with your Apple ID and password.
4. Selecting ‘Sign In’ after filling in your Apple ID information will complete the purchase.
5. The ‘Buy Now’ button for your Downloadable Content will then display as ‘Installed.’
Enabling/Disabling Your DLC Purchase
The in-game DLC menu also allows you to enable or disable some of your purchases. Here’s how to do that.
1. After purchasing a DLC civilization, it will be enabled by default. It can then be disabled from within the game’s DLC menu.
2. The DLC map packs do not have to be enabled after purchase and cannot be disabled. After purchase, they can be selected under the maps category when using the advanced set up option when setting up your game.
We know sometimes In-App purchases can be somewhat confusing or require a few extra steps, so we hope this detailed walkthrough on the process helped clear up anything vague about getting all the DLC your world-conquering heart desires. If you still have any questions on purchasing DLC through the Mac App Store or anything other question related to Civilization, please hit us up in the comments!