It seems fitting to feature the soundtrack to Batman: Arkham City on April 1st. It is after all referred to as April Fool’s Day, and what better day to talk about a game that features the Clown Prince of Crime, the Joker? I’m sure it’s one of his favorite days, so in his honor (does he have any?!) and that of the day, let’s discuss the fantastic soundtrack to this universally acclaimed action game. Take a listen to it right below and feel the sweeping, epic orchestral music that swells from your speakers:
Posts Tagged ‘Arkham City’
It’s Valentine’s Day, and even for gamers, love is in the air. Even if it’s just on screen, the digital world has seen its fair share of couples and love-based storylines. To honor this heart-shaped candy focused day, we thought we’d count down the Top 10 gaming couples. We’ve done something like this before, but since we’re a Mac-centric blog this time it will of course skew towards relationships that Mac gamers can enjoy (though there are a few non-Mac relationships just too good to leave out!). Grab a box of chocolates and enjoy our tribute to an affectionate bond that can occur between two people. (more…)
Time sure flies. 2012 is long gone and I’m left here with this bittersweet feeling. Why? Well, because 2012 brought so many great games that I can’t even decide which one to tackle next! I guess having too many choices can be difficult…. I know, I know, this is a great problem to have . There are several reasons I said 2012 was Mac gaming’s best year yet, but if you need to remember the main one, it’s the games! 2012 brought more high quality games than ever before. Today, I will give you my top 10 games of the year:
Borderlands 2 was without a doubt my favourite game of the year. Combining a highly polished First-person shooter with addictive RPG elements such as looting, experience and levelling up, Gearbox Software found the perfect formula for an awesome game. The story, world and characters blend perfectly, creating a great atmosphere. Did I mention the game gets even better when playing co-op with a friend? Aspyr did a great job too, bringing a gorgeous and demanding game to the Mac without a hitch. Borderlands 2 got an 89 Metascore, meaning I’m not alone with this one. (more…)
Being a Mac gamer just got a whole lot better. Again.
Today marks the arrival of yet another top-notch triple-A title arriving on the Mac–Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition! Brought to you by Feral Interactive, this epic follow-up to the fantastic Batman: Arkham Asylum takes everything that was great about the original and somehow improves on it in almost every single way.
No longer confined to the limited facilities of Arkham Asylum, players now have a whole city to explore in this open-world evolution. Batman also has a few new tricks up his sleeve to aid players in getting around the enormous environments, including liberal use of the Batclaw and glide-and-dive-bomb techniques!
Not only is getting around the environment easier than ever, Batman also brings several gadgets to the table to help him take out the crazed and violent inmates of Arkham City. Favorites like the Batarang and explosive gel return, plus players get to try all-new tools like flash-freeze grenades and an electric pulse gun! All will be necessary in your attempt to stop the evil that lurks behind the Arkham City project.
Of course the top-notch combat system also returns, allowing players to pull off combos and counter moves without breaking a sweat. The game truly captures what it feels like to be Batman.
Be sure to visit the Batman: Arkham City GOTY page on GameAgent.com to get more details on the game and use the Mac Match feature to see if your Mac meets the minimum system requirements! Also, if you’re not quite ready to buy, be sure to add the game to your Deal Alerts watch list! If the game ever goes on sale, GameAgent will then notify you right away.
Finally, if you’ve already spend some time cleaning up the streets of Arkham City, please hop over to the GameAgent page and leave your review! Providing insight into the game for fellow Mac gamers is how Batman would want it.
USD ($) 39.99
EUR (€) 34.99
GBP (£) 29.99
Mac Gaming News
- One of the best Batman games in history is coming to Mac this year from Feral Interactive.
- Loren Amazon Princess: The Castle of N’Mar was released this week.
- Browser-based multiplayer shooter Offensive Combat was released in beta this week.
- The new SimCity is now available for pre-order.
- Interesting new game Curiosity is waiting to be approved by Apple for App Store.
- A trailer has been released for episode 4 of TellTale’s Walking Dead game.
- Football Manager 2013 coming November 2.
- An Apple certified game controller for iOS devices is coming.
- A recent consumer report indicated iPhone 5 is the best iPhone yet.
- Apple founder Steve Wozniak wants iTunes available for Android devices.
- Today marks 1 year since Apple innovator and icon Steve Jobs passed away. In tribute, Apple has released a video.
- A bug in the Verizon iPhone 5 that caused excessive data usage has been fixed.
- Apple Maps use a fraction of the data Google Maps do.
- Hard to keep a secret…apparently invitations to an iPad Mini event are already going out and manufacturers have begun making parts.
- The European Union looks into Apple’s Warranty Advertising practices.
- Apple wants to open a store in India, but government policies might prevent them from doing so.
- A company suing Apple over Passbook is funded by Motorola and Microsoft.