It seems fitting to feature the soundtrack to Batman: Arkham City on April 1st. It is after all referred to as April Fool’s Day, and what better day to talk about a game that features the Clown Prince of Crime, the Joker? I’m sure it’s one of his favorite days, so in his honor (does he have any?!) and that of the day, let’s discuss the fantastic soundtrack to this universally acclaimed action game. Take a listen to it right below and feel the sweeping, epic orchestral music that swells from your speakers:
Posts Tagged ‘Batman’
It’s Valentine’s Day, and even for gamers, love is in the air. Even if it’s just on screen, the digital world has seen its fair share of couples and love-based storylines. To honor this heart-shaped candy focused day, we thought we’d count down the Top 10 gaming couples. We’ve done something like this before, but since we’re a Mac-centric blog this time it will of course skew towards relationships that Mac gamers can enjoy (though there are a few non-Mac relationships just too good to leave out!). Grab a box of chocolates and enjoy our tribute to an affectionate bond that can occur between two people. (more…)
Time sure flies. 2012 is long gone and I’m left here with this bittersweet feeling. Why? Well, because 2012 brought so many great games that I can’t even decide which one to tackle next! I guess having too many choices can be difficult…. I know, I know, this is a great problem to have . There are several reasons I said 2012 was Mac gaming’s best year yet, but if you need to remember the main one, it’s the games! 2012 brought more high quality games than ever before. Today, I will give you my top 10 games of the year:
Borderlands 2 was without a doubt my favourite game of the year. Combining a highly polished First-person shooter with addictive RPG elements such as looting, experience and levelling up, Gearbox Software found the perfect formula for an awesome game. The story, world and characters blend perfectly, creating a great atmosphere. Did I mention the game gets even better when playing co-op with a friend? Aspyr did a great job too, bringing a gorgeous and demanding game to the Mac without a hitch. Borderlands 2 got an 89 Metascore, meaning I’m not alone with this one. (more…)
Mac Gaming News
Being a Mac gamer just got a whole lot better. Again.
Today marks the arrival of yet another top-notch triple-A title arriving on the Mac–Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition! Brought to you by Feral Interactive, this epic follow-up to the fantastic Batman: Arkham Asylum takes everything that was great about the original and somehow improves on it in almost every single way.
No longer confined to the limited facilities of Arkham Asylum, players now have a whole city to explore in this open-world evolution. Batman also has a few new tricks up his sleeve to aid players in getting around the enormous environments, including liberal use of the Batclaw and glide-and-dive-bomb techniques!
Not only is getting around the environment easier than ever, Batman also brings several gadgets to the table to help him take out the crazed and violent inmates of Arkham City. Favorites like the Batarang and explosive gel return, plus players get to try all-new tools like flash-freeze grenades and an electric pulse gun! All will be necessary in your attempt to stop the evil that lurks behind the Arkham City project.
Of course the top-notch combat system also returns, allowing players to pull off combos and counter moves without breaking a sweat. The game truly captures what it feels like to be Batman.
Be sure to visit the Batman: Arkham City GOTY page on GameAgent.com to get more details on the game and use the Mac Match feature to see if your Mac meets the minimum system requirements! Also, if you’re not quite ready to buy, be sure to add the game to your Deal Alerts watch list! If the game ever goes on sale, GameAgent will then notify you right away.
Finally, if you’ve already spend some time cleaning up the streets of Arkham City, please hop over to the GameAgent page and leave your review! Providing insight into the game for fellow Mac gamers is how Batman would want it.
USD ($) 39.99
EUR (€) 34.99
GBP (£) 29.99
Mac Gaming News
- One of the best Batman games in history is coming to Mac this year from Feral Interactive.
- Loren Amazon Princess: The Castle of N’Mar was released this week.
- Browser-based multiplayer shooter Offensive Combat was released in beta this week.
- The new SimCity is now available for pre-order.
- Interesting new game Curiosity is waiting to be approved by Apple for App Store.
- A trailer has been released for episode 4 of TellTale’s Walking Dead game.
- Football Manager 2013 coming November 2.
- An Apple certified game controller for iOS devices is coming.
- A recent consumer report indicated iPhone 5 is the best iPhone yet.
- Apple founder Steve Wozniak wants iTunes available for Android devices.
- Today marks 1 year since Apple innovator and icon Steve Jobs passed away. In tribute, Apple has released a video.
- A bug in the Verizon iPhone 5 that caused excessive data usage has been fixed.
- Apple Maps use a fraction of the data Google Maps do.
- Hard to keep a secret…apparently invitations to an iPad Mini event are already going out and manufacturers have begun making parts.
- The European Union looks into Apple’s Warranty Advertising practices.
- Apple wants to open a store in India, but government policies might prevent them from doing so.
- A company suing Apple over Passbook is funded by Motorola and Microsoft.
Welcome back readers! Now that we’ve gotten the worst out of the way, let’s take time to celebrate the best Batman-related adventures the gaming world has to offer. We all know where this is leading but c’mon, humor me for a moment and let’s talk about how we got there. It seems like each gaming generation has had at least one halfway decent if not downright enjoyable Batman game to offer, even if they didn’t offer the full Batman experience. Only with the advancement of technology and innovative gameplay mechanics have we been able to get an experience that fully embodies the experiences of the Dark Knight.
Without further ado, here are the 5 best Batman games in history.
Ever since the advent of video games there have been games about superheroes. Short of your own imagination after reading comic books, where else could someone put themselves into the fantastical shoes of these caped crusaders and fight crime? Unfortunately the limitations of the medium have made for some severely gimped superhero games that can’t hope to do the amazing feats of these characters justice.
Few heroes have as many games bearing his name than the Dark Knight himself, Batman. With release of The Dark Knight Rises this Friday, it seemed like a good time to reflect on the best and worst Bat-titles the gaming world has seen up until this point.
Today we bring you the dregs of his gaming appearances—games so lame they don’t even deserve the mantle of the bat.(more…)
LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
Play as Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi through a story spanning the entire Clone Wars era. LEGO Star Wars™ III: The Clone Wars combines epic space battles, challenging puzzles and of course, the imaginative gameplay of LEGO.
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Descend into the home of the criminally insane as the Joker seizes control of Arkham Asylum and launches his most diabolical plot ever. The inmates of Arkham have been set free – and it’s up to Batman to bring order to the chaos and take back the asylum.
Click through to the product pages to see the game trailers!
Apple and Apple-Related Gaming News
- Feral Interactive drops bomb #1 that the recently-released Deus Ex: Human Revolution is coming to Macs!
- If you have access to the iTunes App Store, go play Jetpack Joyride NOW.
- Is your Mac starting to show its age? Check out this handy guide to determine if it’s time to upgrade.
- Inside Mac Games interviews Aspyr’s own Elizabeth Howard on what to expect in the near and distant future.
- A MacBook that never loses power? It’s not science fiction.
- Feral Interactive drops bomb #2: Batman: Arkham Asylum is also coming to Macs, and very soon!
Gaming Stories in General
- Inside Mac Games brings updates on the hotly-anticipated Diablo III!
- Getting too old for gaming? The fine writers at Cracked provide a handy checklist that will confirm your worst fears.