Merry Christmas everyone! It may be a day to relax and be with your families, but that doesn’t mean we’re going to stop bring you guys savings on great games! On this special day we feature a game that has never been featured in our Tuesday’s 20%: Civilization III Complete. For Christmas Day only, you can get this classic game for only $7.99! (more…)
Posts Tagged ‘Civilization’
It’s the day after Monday. You know what that means: time for Tuesday’s 20%! With Columbus Day only a few weeks away, what better way to honor the occasion in your gaming than getting a sweet discount on a game that mirrors that pivotal moment in time? Today only you can get Sid Meier’s Civilization IV: Colonization for $16.99 instead of the regular price of $19.99.
- Fight the Homeland and Establish a New Nation – Play as the English, Spanish, French or the Dutch and journey to a brave new world in search of freedom from your oppressive homeland.
- Historical Figures Provide Adaptive Gameplay – Acquire founding fathers such as John Smith, Patrick Henry and Samuel Adams who will help guide your nation to freedom based on your gameplay style.
- Multiplayer Offers Endless Replay Value – Compete with friends from all over the world via the Internet and Play by Email modes or compete locally via the Hotseat and LAN modes, offering endless ways to conquer the New World.
Anybody who’s ever read a history book and thought, “man, if I lived back in colonial days I would’ve done things a lot different!” now is your chance. Rebel against that bossy motherland in style.
Remember, today’s Tuesday 20% deal ends at midnight on Tuesday, September 25, 2012 so get it while the colonists are good and unruly. With a deal like this we guarantee little to no tea ending up in your digital harbor.
Check back next Tuesday for a a new deal to expand your Mac gaming library!
Ah, Labor Day weekend. A glorious three day weekend for family, friends, pool, BBQ and…GAMING! That’s right, what else are you going to do with extra time off? Celebrate the long weekend by delving into a Mac gaming classic. From now, Friday, August 31, through 11:59 P.M. on Monday, September 3, all Civilization IV game titles are 50% off! The discount is available both here at the GameAgent store and on the Mac App Store.
This sale includes:
- Civilization IV
- Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword DLC
- Civilization IV: Colonization DLC
- Civilization IV: Warlords DLC
- Civilization IV: The Complete Edition
Whether you’re a Civ veteran wanting to round out your Civilization IV experience with some more expansions or a newer player looking to explore the series’ roots a little, this game is perfect for you. It offers game mechanics and an overall feel that, while familiar if you’ve played Civ V, is truly its own unique experience.
This Labor Day weekend, leave the grilling to someone else and get your game on with Civilization IV!
Just for fun,here’s two cool Civilization IV wallpapers:
WWDC 2012 brought many exciting announcements to the world of Apple products. Everyone expected an updated MacBook Pro, some even predicted a retina screen, but few were prepared for just how incredible the screen would look. It’s actually the highest resolution laptop created yet. Images, icons and everything else should look sharper than ever.
However, that’s not the end of the story. Not many applications or games support this resolution natively so developers are in a position to react to how they can support Retina on catalog products while maintaining focus on new releases, a constant juggle with evolving operating systems and new hardware. The issues faced in supporting Retina includes needed UI changes, needed resolution changes, and product performance. A side-effect of supporting Retina resolutions is that there are other consequences. There will be trade-offs with performance (depending on the game) and potentially other resolution support issues in order to support this new feature.
As with a handful of other companies, Aspyr has added retina display to some of their most popular games, and some were fortunate enough to support the resolution natively. Below are a rundown of the games and any necessary details in regards to their performance in retina resolution mode.
Welcome enthusiastic Civilization V: Gods & Kings players! We hope everyone’s been enjoying this rich and detailed expansion. If you’re outside of North America and shaking your fist, don’t worry, only a little while more to go, so chin up.
Whether it’s planning for your first game in the future or some insight into a current game, we’ve tried to dig in and give you some advice and tips that should help you in your quest to rule the new world of Gods & Kings. First some insight into the game’s two big new aspects, then some general advice for gameplay and strategy.(more…)
Andy Williams once sang a favorite Christmas tune of ours that goes a little something like this:
It’s the most wonderful time of the year, when you hang up your stocking, and do some trash-talking in opponents’ ears, it’s the most wonderful time of the year…
So maybe it didn’t go exactly like that, but it still holds a special place in our hearts and, to your benefit, has really gotten us in the giving mood! That’s why we’ve put together a very special HOLIDAY BUNDLE EXTRAVAGANZAPALOOZA for all to enjoy!
Our Holiday Bundle contains four great Aspyr Media titles all for one low price of $20! Those games include:
- Sid Meier’s Civilization IV (Mac)
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition (Mac)
- The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition (Mac)
- and NeverWinter Nights 2 (Mac)
The Bundle deal will be up through Christmas Day (or to be specific, until 11:59pm CST, Dec 25, 2011). So grab the deal now–it will be a long time until next Christmas!
With the year quickly coming to an end, Apple has released the list their favorite games and apps on the Mac App Store for 2011. The Mac App Store has blown up since its launch earlier this year and has made it easier than ever to purchase games and apps for Apple devices.
Among the games featured in the Best of Mac App Store 2011, Aspyr Media, Inc. and Feral Interactive led the pack with an array of strategy, puzzler and first-person shooter titles including the Mac App Game of the Year 2011 going to Aspyr Media’s empire-conquring Sid Meier’s Civilization V: Campaign Edition!
Aspyr Media is also the proud publisher of other games that made the list:
- Call of Duty 4—Get your best killing streak while experiencing intense cinematic scenes of this well-loved game.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic—Play as your favorite Star Wars character as you lead a gang of rebel freedom fighters to save the galaxy from the dark side.
- The Secret of Monkey Island—Re-mastered with new music and hand-drawn animations, this classic puzzle game takes you through the Caribbean to find the secrets of Monkey Island.
Not to go under the radar, Feral Interactive ranked an impressive number of titles on the Best of Mac App Store 2011 list, including the mutant-battling Bioshock, the role-playing shooter Borderlands, the off-road racing Colin McRae: Dirt 2 and the wizardly LEGO Harry Potter.
As the days barrel on into the New Year, Mac App Store is an easy way to finish your holiday shopping. With a wide selection of games, this year’s Best Mac App list is sure to have something for everyone. Head on over to the Mac App Store and check out the favorites today!
Dear fellow conquerors-in-training, it’s time to practice your best battle cry in preparation for the newly-revamped and perfectly-bundled strategy game releasing today for Mac, Sid Meier’s Civilization V: Game of the Year Edition!
Aspyr Media has launched the title just in time for the holidays. The Game of the Year Edition is newly updated with tons of bonus and digital content (over $40 worth!), including:
- All 4 Cradle of Civilization Map Packs (Mediterranean, Asia, Americas, Mesopotamia)
- Civilization Pack: Babylon (Nebuchadnezzar II)
- Double Civilization and Scenario Pack: Spain and Inca
- Civilization and Scenario Pack: Polynesia
- Civilization and Scenario Pack: Denmark- The Vikings
- Explorer’s Map Pack
Imperialism has never been so much fun. Head over to the GameAgent Store and expand your empire today!