Posts Tagged ‘Nintendo’
Apple Gaming News
- Multi-Screen gaming is really stepping up because games are coming out with shared-screen experiences across multiple devices. Think of the co-op possibilities!
- Nintendo is crushed again as Apple rocks the gaming industry with it’s arrival on the scene.
- The Apple Trackpad may be the best video game controller every made.
- Kotaku’s 12 Best Games for Mac plus their 12 Best iPad Games. Agree or Disagree?
- Gaming trends in 2012 suggest that Apple may crank out a console this year or most certainly the next. Will our dreams of an Apple console finally come true?
- Apple’s stocks and value reach a record high after releasing their earnings report and briefly became the most valuable company….again!
- It definitely pays to be an employee of Apple. Now they get huge discounts when buying Macs or iPad. Time to apply for a job at Apple then.
- Apple is getting sued again by Motorola over patents dealing with the iPhone 4S and the iCloud. They also lost the Dutch appeal to block Samsung tablets. Oh well, you win some you lose some.
- Surfing the web is about to get even faster (not that most of you would notice) as Apple is working to adopt 802.11ac 5G Gigabit WiFi this year.
- The iPhone 5′s built-in camera might be the only camera you’ll ever need as the average consumer.
- Apple is really pushing to make an impact in the textbook market. Quite frankly, I’d love if i could read a textbook off an iPad.
- Apparently, a single Apple retail store is worth more than the White House.
Our PostsQuicksave: Aspyr Offering $5 Mac App Games Tropico 3: Gold Edition Mac Now Available for Download
Apple and Apple Related Gaming News
- AT&T is reportedly prepping their staff for the iPhone 5 launch.
- Is this the first look at Apple’s iPhone 5?
- The iPhone is kicking ass in the world market share with sales jumping 142%.
- How odd. The prices of top iPhone games keep dropping.
- Aside from that fact that there are fake Apple stores in China, Apple’s sales have never been better in China.
- Some of the fake Apple stores have been ordered to close though for permit reasons.
- The iPad is the new gaming platform, and the Nintendo 3DS now just a toy?
- Another Apple store is opening in New York but this time at Grand Central Terminal. Time to make a trip to a New York.
- Wow, Apple has more cash on hand than the U.S. Treasury.
- The magic number is one at Apple. The Auteur vs. the Committee, which one is better?
- With the Macbook phased out of Apple product line, should you buy a Macbook Pro or a Macbook Air?
Gaming Stories in General
- The Nintendo 3DS after only being out for 5 months get a huge price cut. Nintendo’s president takes blame for the 3DS and takes a 50% pay cut.
- A couple in China sells their kids to play online games.
- THQ has to cope with a $38.4 million loss in Q1.
- President Dmitry Medvedev wants Russian history portrayed in a World of Warcraft type game.
- The ESA wants $1.1. million reimbursement from California from the earlier Supreme Court battle this year.
- Half of all Netflix users actually watch their shows and movies on game console.
- Ubisoft is bringing back their Always-On DRM where you have to stay connected to the internet to play.
- GameStop now brings digital PC game delivery to retail.
Apple and Apple Gaming Stories
- Rumor has it that Apple might be making the iPod Touch 3G capable.
- Another rumor is that Apple may be releasing TWO iPhones this year.
- So many rumors this week! Apple is also rumored to be partnering with China Mobile and possibly Sprint in the future.
- Apple will know better next time than to do business with this guy.
- Hey, iTunes App Store users! You all have bought more than 15 billion apps!
- Apple lost their lawsuit against Amazon on the usage of “Appstore.”
- New York artist is taking heat from Apple and the Secret Service over a little project of his.
- OS X Lion is coming soon so prepare your Mac!
- John Carmack from id Software has a few things to say about Apple Mobile Gaming.
Gaming Stories in General
- Global gaming business is projected to hit $112 Billion in 2015.
- Guess what, Sony has now jumped on the next-gen console craze and expected to launch PS4 2012.
- China may finally stop blocking console sales in the future.
- Although there’s a Pokemon app coming to iPhones soon Nintendo says no to smartphone gaming.
- A good chunk of Gears of War 3 was leaked and the feds are on the case!
- ESRB ratings do work as a parental control! But there still is a bit work that needs to be done.
- Civilization is coming to Facebook!
- Makes of Crysis, Crytek, has talked with Microsoft about going first party.
- Microsoft gets smart and folds Games for Windows Marketplace into Xbox.com so you can get all your gaming needs in one place!
If you had told me a smart-phone would have one day carved a huge chunk out of the handheld gaming market, I’m pretty sure I would’ve just scoffed in your face and told you that no way in hell would that be possible. Well, seeing as how Apple mobile gaming with the iPhone has taken off to claim over 40 million gamers and around 34% of the entire American portable gaming market, I am inclined to eat my own words.(more…)
Apple and Apple Related Gaming News
- Apple is in yet another lawsuit. This time over patents with Samsung, who is seeking a US import ban on Apple products.
- Apple adds TRIM support and fixes to improve graphic performance in OS X Snow Leopard.
- Bungie’s Marathon is headed for the iPad. FREE OF CHARGE!
- iPad sales are expected to hit 40 million this calendar year.
- Speculation that the iPhone 3GS price may drop to zero!
- Ever wanted to see the inside of the Thunderbolt Cable? iFixit tore one apart for your viewing pleasure.
- Professional Video Editors give their thoughts on the new Final Cut Pro X.
- Rumors of the iPhone 5’s features are cropping up.
- Mac OS X Lion is expected out on July 6th!
- Cars 2 video game races onto the Mac.
Gaming Stories in General
- Rejoice Gamers! Video games are now under the protection of the First Amendment!
- Bungie created a new social and mobile gaming venture called Bungie Aerospace.
- Warcraft is now free-to-play! Well, it’s free until level 20.
- Age of Conan is following in the steps of WoW and will soon to be free-to-play.
- Playstation Plus is one year old this week!
- Want to buy a Wii peripheral that costs more than the Wii itself?
- The British really love their Call of Duty Black Ops.
- Farmville creator, Zynga , is going public quite soon.
- How young is too young for kids to start video gaming.
- Angry Birds has found a new home in China.
- The next Xbox may be just around the corner.
With the announcement of the Nintendo Wii U and the whole dual-screen-console-gaming bit, you’d think that it’s a pretty novel idea? Well, believe it or not, Nintendo wasn’t the only one with that idea.(more…)
So if you haven’t been living under a rock, E3 has come and gone this past week and has left many gamers, including myself, with soiled pants and a willingness to throw money at the companies that flaunted their products at the expo. Lots of huge announcements were dropped and, as a gamer, make me super excited for the coming future of gaming.(more…)
- Why isn’t Apple at E3 this year? Because they are hosting their very own WWDC conference!
- Apple unveils iCloud (a way to store all your stuff on all your Apple products), iOS 5, and OS X Lion at their WWDC conference.
- If you wanted to catch the June 2011 Apple keynote, here it is for your viewing pleasure.
- Products from Apple are apparently “very difficult to make.”
- Apple gamers now finally get a pretty awesome gaming mouse.
- Apple console? Not quite, but Apple TV gets console-style gaming.
- Good news everyone! Apple has one of the best reputations around.
- E3 Press Conferences. Watch them. Be Excited.
- Nintendo’s new HD console gets a name: Wii U. Unfortunately, the shareholders aren’t too happy with the announcement as Nintendo’s stock sunk 5.63%.
- PSN hackers may just get off scott free.
- Playstations NGP (next generation portable) gets an official name and a price along with some spiffy features.
- Balanced gaming=super important.
- Booth Babes of E3. You know you want to click.
Have you ever gone abroad, purchased a DVD, and returned to only find that the regional code was wrong for your player? Similarly, video games made for France are different from games made for Japan or those made for the United States. But for games, the issue is not as easy to explain as a regional code.
Of North American sales, the US takes 85% of the video game market. However, according to Ernest Adams, a writer for Gamasutra, the best way for a game to become a blockbuster is to become an international hit. Big manufacturers and publishers are multinational; think EA (United States), Nintendo (Japan), and Ubisoft (France). But crossing the border takes a lot more than just translating the original text and voice-overs into the receiving country’s native language.
Let’s start with the more technical stuff first, and then we’ll see what sort of cultural trouble game manufacturers need to worry about.