User Review Guidelines
The intent of the User Review portion of the GameAgent Blog is to provide gamer feedback on Mac games. Old, new, independent or studio-developed, the only requirement is that it must be a Mac game. We’ll do our best not to censor as long as you do your best to write like your momma’ raised you to (you know what we’re saying – no potty mouth). Reviews used and published on the Blog are eligible for discounts and free games from GameAgent.com. For every 100 words, users can receive 10% off any Aspyr game of their choice via the GameAgent Store.
If you’re a Mac gamer and you’re ready to review there are a few things to keep in mind.
- Keep it simple. The most important thing is to have fun!
- Sorry kiddies, you must be 13 years of age or older.
- NO SPOILERS. Remember, no matter how old the game, there are still folks who haven’t played it yet and may be thinking of playing.
- The review must be a .doc (word) file. If you cannot provide a .doc file, then just copy and paste your review in to the body of your email upon submission.
- We like screen shots that coincide with reviews but they are not required. If you choose to provide screen shots they must be a jpeg. A maximum of 3 screen shots can be used.
- Reviews will be selected at Aspyr’s discretion as our featured review, and as thanks you’ll get a discount or a free Aspyr game of your choice from GameAgent.com. Only reviews selected are eligible for discounts or a free game.
- We’re not going to post anything that’ll get us sued
You’ve played, you’ve reviewed, you’ve written and you’re ready to submit, so now what?
- Send your review to email@example.com
- Write “Review submission for [NAME OF GAME]” in the subject line.
- Make sure to include your real name and a valid email address to contact you at. If you do not want to use your real name in the review, then provide a nickname that you prefer.
- Give the game a “Star Rating.” You can rate each game in half incriments up to 5.
- Last but not least, send a photo of yourself so we can put a face to the name! If you don’t want to provide a real photo, send us your Avatar!
That’s it! So please, go have fun as it will only help your fellow Mac Gamer.