Weekly Round-Up: March 22, 2013
With the arrival of Spring, naturally Spring cleaning is sure to follow. We here at GameAgent wanted to clean up and streamline our delivery of sales and information on Fridays so we’re not bombarding you with multiple posts. Instead we will now give you the Weekly Round-Up. Here’s what it will contain:
- The Weekly Flashback feature detailing all the top Mac gaming and Apple news stories
- New games added to GameAgent in from our Roll Call feature
- A 3-day weekend sale to take the place of our Tuesday’s 20%. You will now have 3 days to get 20% off a great Mac game!
Mac Gaming News
- BioShock Infinite is coming to Macs this summer courtesy of Aspyr Media.
- Duke Nukem 3D and all its add-on content is now available for Mac via Steam.
- Successful indie platformer ‘Fez’ lands on PCs soon, Mac version in the works.
- Steam now offers “Early Access” to select games for Mac gamers.
- Bloody retro game ‘Hotline Miami’ now available on OSX.
- Blizzard discusses the economy and Auction Houses of World of Warcraft.
- Double Fine released a trailer for their rhythm game ‘Dropchord.’
- ‘Bastion’ creators Supergiant Games announced sci-fi RPG ‘Transistor.’
- Apocalyptic strategy game ‘Shattered Haven’ now available for Macs, coming to Steam soon.
- Indie RPG ‘Legend of Dungeon’ is now available for Macs.
- Screenshots for ‘The Elder Scrolls Online’ have made their way online.
- Apple released a video driver update for Retina MacBooks that should make gamers happy.
- Did you catch Borderlands 2′s ‘Luck of the Zafords’ weekend in honor of St. Patty’s Day? It was pretty cool.
- Apple hires Adobe’s Chief Technology Officer. Cue the ironic Flash jokes…
- OSX 10.8.3 is now available with bug fixes and Safari update.
- iOS upgraded to 6.1.3 with passcode bug fixes, better Japanese maps. It also broke Jailbreak.
- Speaking of Japan, Apple launched an iBookstore in Japan.
- But some feel Apple discriminates against Chinese customers.
- Apple are now in a lawsuit with THX over a sound patent.
- ‘jOBS,’ the movie about Steve Jobs starring Ashton Kutcher, has been delayed.
- Intertrust is now filing a patent lawsuit against Apple.
- Apple may also face penalties over court conduct.
- Laptop Magazine has named Apple #1 in several categories and overall winner.
- And yet, some are suing them over these laptops for poor quality.
- MacWorld gives a detailed comparison between the iPad mini and Google’s Nexus 7.
- Mac Gaming 101: Getting the Most Out of Steam’s Offline Mode
- BioShock Infinite is Coming to the Mac and We’re Giving Away Free Copies!
- Music Monday: The Cave
Roll Call: New On GameAgent
What happens when DLC practices go too far? An indie developer makes a game that mocks the industry and its foibles, that’s what! Defeat the bad guy, save the world and get the girl! But first you’ll need to find coins to buy DLC to enable animation, sound and even pausing.
Thankfully this is just satire and all the DLC is purchased with in-game coins. But consider it a cautionary tale for the future…
“Train your Brain” with Dr. Kawashima
Sly fox, studious student or brainy genius? How do you judge your „Brain Fitness“? Entertaining, yet with a scientific background “Train your Brain” with Dr. Kawashima will help you to keep your brain active or – if needed will get it moving again! Perform the “Daily Test“ and measure your “Brain Fitness”, climb to ever higher scales and eventually become a “Royal Brain”. Practice regularly and you will surely notice an increase in your “Brain Fitness”. Remember, daily commitment and continuity are key to keeping your brain active!
Weekends now bring big savings! For our inaugural weekend sale, we want to give Vault Hunters more opportunities to explore Pandora! From now until midnight on Sunday (3/22/13-3/24/13) ALL Borderlands 2 DLC is 20% off! This includes:
- The Mechromancer Pack
- Captain Scarlett & Her Pirate’s Booty
- Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt
- Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage
What do you think of the new Friday blog post format? Do you like weekend sales better than Tuesday sales? Let us know in the comments!