Weekly Round-Up: March 29, 2013
Mac Gaming News
- Get in on the racing action! GRID is now available for the Mac.
- A free to play MMORPG based in the Marvel Comics universe called ‘Marvel Heroes’ is coming to Macs later this year.
- TellTale Games, makers of The Walking Dead game, have announced a new adventure based on the ‘Fables’ comics series.
- DoubleFine’s next game is called ‘Broken Age.’ You can now view a trailer and preorder this sure to be awesome Mac title.
- Adventure/RPG game ‘Mage’s Initiation’ successfully funded on Kickstarter. A Mac version will be available later this year.
- ‘Plants vs. Zombies 2’ has been pushed back to a Summer release.
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown is also coming to iOS.
- Blizzard announced a new game for both Macs and iPad at PAX East, titled ‘Hearthstone: Heroes of WarCraft.’
- ‘Anomaly 2’ headed for the Mac App Store sometime in Q2 of this year.
- Freemium puzzle/RPG game ‘NimbleQuest’ is now available for FREE download on the Mac App Store.
- EVE: Odyssey is coming to Macs June 4th.
- Multiplayer tactical turn-based game Arena of Heroes is having an open Mac beta this weekend.
- SimCity price drop on Amazon has some hopeful that the Mac release will match this cheaper price on launch.
- At least 2 of the games in The Free Bundle are Mac compatible! Get some FREE indie games!
- T-Mobile will carry the iPhone 5 starting April 12, no contract required.
- Apple patents an iPhone wrap-around design that has to be seen to be believed.
- Mobile app designer WiFi Slam has now been bought by Apple.
- The dangerous password reset exploit that was top news recently has been fixed.
- Apple now face a patent lawsuit in China over Siri.
- China has turned against Apple in an ugly war of words, but some remain loyal.
- Meanwhile, in Japan, there’s a Manga dedicated to Steve Jobs that depicts him as a “dreamy, drug-fueled genius.”
- Apple fights back against the decrease in paid damages in the infamous US Samsung case.
- iPhone takes top honors in JD Power Satisfaction ranking.
- Hoping to woo back professional video editors with their latest update, Apple launches Final Cut Pro X marketing campaign.
- Some say a 4K television is coming from Apple late this year, while others say don’t count on it.
- Here’s a cool way to sync your Safari bookmarks across your Mac, PC, iPhone and iPad.
- Mac Gaming 101: How to Easily Set Up Game Center and Get Your Multiplayer On
- Quicksave: Get BioShock 1 & 2 for 50% Off This Week Only
Roll Call: New on GameAgent
Gear up for the ride of your life with this exhilarating mix of sweet handling, dazzling visuals and blistering speed. GRID puts you behind the wheel of the world’s premiere high-performance race cars and then sets you loose on the world’s most spectacular tracks.
Race your way from the US to Europe and on to Japan in a career mode that sees you advance all the way from rookie to champion. With a shattering damage model, adjustable difficulty settings and a handy “flashback” feature, GRID rides the sweet spot between sim realism and addictive arcade racing.
Shardlands is an atmospheric 3D action puzzle adventure game with breathtaking visuals, beautiful soundtrack and fluid gameplay. Dawn is lost in a desolate alien world trying to find her way back home. She must activate an ancient machine with keys that are scattered around a broken world full of puzzles, monsters and dangerous contraptions.
Our 2nd weekend sale brings you RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum for 33% off! This game combines the excitement of rollercoasters with the fun of a great strategy simulation. This special “Platinum” version combines the theme park fun of Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 with included expansion packs, RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Soaked! and RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Wild! Now enjoy more options than ever by building your own water slide or create your own safari with real animals. Watch guest reactions to your ultimate theme park! You can even build your own dream park with unlimited funds in the “Sandbox” mode.
Get this deal from now until the end of the day on Sunday, March 31, 2013. Here’s a review from MacWorld of this great release if you need further convincing to take the plunge.